Ride Host Contact Info
William Hudson: WilliamPedalsOn@gmail.com or 210-387-7340
Start Date and Time
Sat, 10/12/2019 - 08:30 am
Ride Length (miles)
- A truly fine ride from Wimberley that takes us through Fischer (with its 1890s dance hall) towards Canyon Lake. The route crosses the continental divide ... well, sort of .... we do cross from the Blanco River valley to the Guadaloupe valley. The ride is named after the old Wimberley Hillaceous that used to go to Luckenbach. There is a new store stop on FM-306 which does require single file. Be very cautious of any low water crossings given any recent rainfall.
- Lunch/coffee: Optional lunch here: https://www.leaningpear.com/
- Most of my rides are for self-confident riders who are comfortable and safe in a group riding situation which could (depending on the route) include pace-line riding, hilly terrain and exposure to urban traffic. Helmets are required on all my rides.
- Ride will be “no drop”, assuming riders have properly matched themselves to the ride description, average speed and terrain.
- Please arrive early enough to prepare yourself + bike, have the 5-minute safety briefing to be ready for an on-time departure.
- In case of inclement weather, check this web site early on the morning of the ride.
Cancelled or Not