Ride Host Contact Info
William Hudson, 210-387-7340, firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date and Time
Sat, 06/03/2023 - 09:00 am
Ride Length (miles)
44 + 51
NOTE: “B” riders are very welcome with a suggested longer (51 mile) route which is here: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31302886
- A truly fine ride from Wimberley that takes us through Fischer (with its 1890s dance hall) towards Canyon Lake. The route crosses the continental divide ... well, sort of .... we do cross from the Blanco River valley to the Guadalupe valley. The ride is named after the old Wimberley Hillaceous that used to go to Luckenbach. There is a store stop on FM-306 which does require single file. Be very cautious of any low water crossings if there has been any recent rainfall.
- Store stop: FM 306 @ 23 miles.
- Lunch/coffee: Probably the Leaning Pear: https://www.leaningpear.com/
- Bathrooms at ride start: no, but there are gas stations nearby.
- Most of my rides are for self-confident riders who are comfortable and safe in a group riding situation which could (depending on the route) include pace-line riding, hilly terrain and exposure to urban traffic.
- Helmets are mandatory on all my rides.
- Routes will be posted in RWGPS format and cue sheets are printable from that site. Printed maps or cue sheets will not be available at the ride start.
- Ride will be “no drop”, assuming riders have properly matched themselves to the ride description, average speed and terrain.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to prepare yourself + bike, have the 5-minute safety briefing to be ready for an on-time departure.
- In case of inclement weather, check this web site early on the morning of the ride.
Ride Start Location
Cancelled or Not